|CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR THE 29th ANNUAL NAMIC CONFERENCE
29th Annual NAMIC Conference
September 29-30, 2015
New York Marriott Marquis
Don’t miss this learning and development opportunity for professionals at all levels from every discipline!
The Annual NAMIC Conference will be held in New York City from September 29-30, 2015 at the New York Marriott Marquis. The theme of this year’s conference is: Diversity OTT: Outreach Talent and Tenacity. We are counting on our members in the tri-state area and friends/supporters to assist us by volunteering prior to and during the conference.
Traditionally, conference volunteers have been those who are unable to get company support to attend, but anyone who has the interest and time to commit, is invited to volunteer.
We are seeking responsible, reliable volunteers, with a professional demeanor who can be counted on to assist with a variety of tasks and fulfill on their commitment. Volunteers are needed to stuff bags for the 600-plus anticipated attendees, providing assistance with registration, directing attendees, serving as room monitors for the learning tracks and much more.
If you’re interested and available, please click here to download and complete the sign-up form by Monday, September 14, 2015 to Faride.firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 212-594-8391 attention: Faride Précil.
You are encouraged to sign-up for as many shifts as you can. All shifts will be assigned with breaks in mind. Volunteer assignments will be made on a first come, first served basis and every attempt will be made to assign volunteers to a task that they have expressed interest in.
- Will receive a conference bag (in appreciation of your time);
- Have the opportunity to attend one educational session on the day they volunteer. This includes the Tuesday and Wednesday General Sessions or any of 12 educational sessions to be offered in the learning tracks.
- Are invited to attend the official Conference Reception on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 as an opportunity to network with the conference attendees.
Volunteers will not have access to the following on the conference agenda:
- Invite-only events
- CableFAX Breakfast Recognizing the 2015 Most Influential Minorities in Cable
- L. Patrick Mellon Mentorship Program Luncheon
- EMMA Awards Luncheon
Volunteers can purchase tickets for the breakfast ($150) and luncheons ($200) if they wish to attend.