HerAgenda.com is looking for three interns to join our team. Her Agenda is a digital media platform working to bridge the gap between ambition and achievement for millennial women. Her Agenda provides inspiration through the stories of real women succeeding in their industries, while also highlighting the resources needed to achieve that success.
Her Agenda interns receive hands-on experience with online publishing working for a rapidly growing website. We provide interns with an opportunity to publish and gain exposure in online media. As a Her Agenda intern, you will not only have your work featured on our website, but you will help shape the overall direction of our content. This is your opportunity to contribute to the future of millennial women.
Her Agenda is based in New York City. There is an option to complete this internship virtually or in person. However NYC based interns are preferred.
Basic Terms & Requirements:
- Must be an ambitious, self starter that is able to work independently.
- Interns must be willing to dedicate 10-12 weeks to Her Agenda.
- Interns are expected to dedicate at least 15 hours a week to site tasks.
- Fundamental HTML knowledge is recommended but not expected.
- Interns must be available for a weekly conference call.
- College credit required.
Internship #1 – Editorial Internship
• Interns will produce compelling, quality content for the site.
• Interns will be required to publish at least two (2) 500-700 word posts each week.
• Interns will review, proofread and copy edit submissions.
• Interns will seek out Power Women to feature on HerAgenda.com.
Internship # 2- Social Media Internship (Main):
• Interns will assist with brainstorming, creating, and executing Her Agenda social media strategy
• Interns will leverage social networks to strengthen relationships with Her Agenda readers
• Interns will track and monitor Her Agenda news and social media coverage
• Interns will promote Her Agenda events, news, and promotions
• Interns will perform other social media duties as assigned
Internship # 3: Community Engagement & Instagram
• Interns will work with our Community Director to grow our new premium user group that we host through Slack.
• Assisting with the on boarding of new users in addition to crafting outreach to influencers and strategizing great perks, and programming that we can offer our users.
• Programming includes exclusive chats with high profile executives and CEOs who will come into the group for guest chats.
• Intern will handle Instagram and oversee our engagement and communication on that platform.
Interested applicants must submit a resume, two writing samples of at least 500 words and cover letter that answers the following questions:
• What do you hope to learn from the internship?
• How can you contribute to Her Agenda’s mission?
• In what ways do you hope to improve the site?
• Tell us about a time you had to execute a goal that you felt initially you were not capable of doing.
Send materials in PDF format to email@example.com. Your attached file name should read: LASTNAME_HER AGENDA_Spring17.
Deadline: January 13th.