Coworking & Wellness: SheCoSystem weekly meetupsBy Her Agenda Staff
Jan. 13 2016, Published 7:00 p.m. ET
VENUE: Artscape Youngplace (Studio 106)
ADDRESS: 180 Shaw St, Toronto, ON M6J 2W5, Canada
Join a group of working women for weekly coworking meetups that combine work and wellness!
We meet every Tuesday morning & Thursday afternoon in our own private space to network, cowork, support each other through mentorship, and take time to promote our holistic health & wellbeing.
When: Every Thursday afternoon from 1-3
(we also do Tuesday morning meetups with Women in Biz Network)
Where: Studio 106 @ Artscape Youngplace | 180 Shaw Street
What to bring: Laptop & work materials, clothes you can move in
• Drop-in: $12 - REGISTER HERE
• Monthly pass: $40 - REGISTER HERE
Every week a group of women meet up to cowork and engage in self-care. After a quick check-in, we get down to business - each woman focussing on her own projects, occasionally turning to the group with a question, an insight or a helpful resource to share. Then we take a purposeful break to dance, stretch, meditate, or learn together. We have our own private, light filled room with fast wifi and strong coffee.
So many of us struggle with isolation, depression and lack of motivation when we work alone. It helps to get our of our heads and connect with other entrepreneurs for support and inspiration! We know that women - and their businesses - thrive when they are consciously connected with their bodies, minds, emotions, and with an authentic and supportive community. Coworking promotes collaboration and creative engagement among independent workers. To learn more about the global coworking movement visit the Coworking Wiki.
Emily Rose Antflick is the founder of SheCoSystem: a new coworking community where women can work in integrity, cultivate personal and professional wellbeing and connect with a supportive ecosystem. In her workshops and retreats, Emily holds space for deep connection with self, others, and the environment. Her work stems from a feminine paradigm that values collaboration, creativity and ‘showing up’? with your authentic self.
With an MA in Education and over ten years in classroom and experiential education in Canada and internationally, she is a versatile teacher and program designer with rich perspectives on learning and community building. Emily is the Community Leader of G Day for Girls Toronto, a rite of passage for adolescent girls and their adult champions. She is a facilitator of Erica Ross’s award winning Dance Our Way Home healing freestyle dance program.
You are a part of the SheCoSystem if:
• You are a woman who wants a workplace where you can show up in an emotionally authentic way without feeling fear or shame
• You value holistic self-care and recognize that your business will thrive only if you take care of your physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing
• You want a purpose-designed home to host your workshop, meetup group, club, or event
• You are a wellness practitioner looking for a space to offer your services
• You are looking for a safe and all-embracing space where you can take risks and work in integrity
• You believe that growth can arise from serendipitous connections
• You are passionate about lifelong learning and personal development
• You love to collaborate and share your success - and vulnerability - with like-minded others
• You want to prove to the mainstream business world that the full expression of the feminine is a viable and sustainable way to work
This is your opportunity to be a part of a the conversation and help us shape the space to suit your needs and values. Join us to become a founding member of a vital new community, investing not only in your own business but in the future of women’s work in Toronto.
Want to know more? Contact me to learn more about the vision - or just show up at our meetups to help co-create the SheCoSystem to suit your needs.