VENUE: The Wix Lounge
ADDRESS: 235 W 23rd St, New York, NY 10011, USA
Recruiters, Instagram stars, GIF creators, and more share their tips for using social media to get ahead and get hired. Learn how to network online, build a personal brand, and use your online presence to land and excel in your job.
- You want to understand how 140 characters or less could help you get the job.
- You want to learn more about the possibilities of LinkedIn.
- You want to know whether recruiters are really googling you – and what they want to find.
- You want to build a strong personal brand online.
- Pros from across industries will share their stories of how taking advantage of social media helped them get their dream job, do better in their current job, or hire people through their favorite platforms.
- Then, you’ll join them in breakout sessions to ask your burning questions in a more intimate setting.
- Breakout sessions will be followed by open networking, so you’ll have plenty of time to meet all our speakers and your incredible peers.
- Alphonzo Terrell is currently the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing for Showtime Networks, responsible for leading digital strategy for the top programs on the network including Homeland, Shameless, Ray Donovan and Twin Peaks. He received his B.A. from Columbia University in 2005 and previously worked in marketing at Sony Music and Island Def Jam, in addition to having launched his own creative agency NewMerika, which served clients such as VH1, CBS, and ESPN. Alphonzo currently resides in Brooklyn, NY.
- Lauren Chan is the Associate Fashion Writer at Glamour, where she covers fashion news and trends for both the magazine and Glamour.com. Chan is a former plus-size model who joined Glamour from Italian Vogue, where she covered plus-size fashion for Vogue.it. She’s also spent time in various departments at the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Interview, and Cosmopolitan. She currently lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Annie Herman works on Dow Jones‘s Talent Acquisition team in New York, helping to build teams across different business units. Outside of her work in recruiting and career coaching, Annie is passionate about fitness and wellness. On weekends, she enjoys exploring the city by foot, attending health and tech events, and trying new restaurants. Her favorite “”sports”” include brunching, Pinterest, and competing against her coworkers in fantasy football.
- Joshua Huff-Williams of Grey Advertising worked his way from Receptionist to Talent and Operations Manager at a small agency here in NYC, and made the move several months ago to be the little fish in the big, amazing pond that is Grey New York. He loves being the cheerleader for this award-winning agency as he seeks out new talent in the industry and mentoring the future of advertising.
- John McLaughlin is a New York-based artist interested in experimental techniques and combining different mediums to create his work.
- Sam Cannon is a Photo + Video artist based in NYC. She began posting her work to platforms like Tumblr and Instagram while still in college and now, one year out of school, is shooting full time.
Love FindSpark events? Become a Premium Member and receive 50% off every single event that you attend.
Dress: Business Casual
Tickets: $5-20 (includes pizza!) depending on your FindSpark membership level & career status
You can get 25% off your ticket with the code TheAgenda
For more information click here