VENUE: GA New York City (West, 3rd Floor)
ADDRESS: 10 East 21st Street, New York, NY 10010, USA
Founder, Smart, Pretty & Awkward
If you’re considering starting a blog but need some encouragement, or already have one but are looking to grow and expand it, this class will show you ways to leverage a blog into a new networking or career opportunity. You’ll find out about all things blog - including conceiving, branding, writing, growing, and monetizing. The techniques taught in this class are also appropriate for those running small business or corporate blogs.
- Learn how to brand your blog through design and social media channels.
- Get writing tips, including how to get into the habit and the “three month rule.”
- Find out how to grow your readership through social media, word of mouth, and reaching out to the press.
- Discover how to monetize through ads, sponsorships, speaking, book deals, and more.
- Learn how to utilize your blog to network, change careers, or as a living writing portfolio site.
Please bring a notebook to class.
Smart, Pretty & Awkward
Molly Ford created what Forbes called the "super successful lifestyle site" Smart, Pretty & Awkward - a highly-trafficked blog that gives three piece of advice each post: how to be smarter, how to be prettier, and how to be (less) awkward.
Smart, Pretty & Awkward has grown into a vital platform regularly featured in national press, including a weekly column that appeared in Parade magazine, and the site’s 5-year anniversary celebration drew 200+ readers to an event in downtown Manhattan. Molly also works full-time in brand marketing for a tech company. She has an undergraduate business degree focused on finance and entrepreneurship, and a master’s degree in international marketing.