#HIREBLACK Black Women’s Equal Pay DayBy Her Agenda Staff
Aug. 1 2021, Published 8:00 p.m. ET
If you’re ready to increase your bag Pull up a chair and get your pen and paper ready, because #HIREBLACK is hosting a Negotiation workshop for 2021’s Black Women’s Equal Pay Day!
Black Women’s Equal Pay Day is the approximate day a Black woman must work into the new year to make what white non-Hispanic man made at the end of the previous year. Based on ACS Census data, the 2021 wage gap for Black women compared to non-Hispanic white men is $0.63 (cents).
“[...]my win is that I secured a new bag! My total comp is more than double my income on my last job, I leveled up from the given (emphasis on given bc it wasn't accurate) level of analyst to director. and I negotiated for my very first sign on bonus. shout out to #hireblack and their negotiation seminar last year. I've been working on this bag for a hot minute and it's finally happened the way I needed it to.” - #HIREBLACK member SG
🧨 For Free99, you will walk away:
- Informed of the basics of compensation and all of the ways that you can negotiate (even if your request is WILD)
- Equipped with a new armor of skills, knowledge, and strategies to negotiate your worth for a higher salary
🧨 This workshop offers:
- A simplified framework for your next negotiation
- Access to the insights of a Compensation Manager and a Specialist in Equal Pay
- A safe space to learn about how to talk about money so you won't be intimidated the next time money is on the table. Gain the confidence to grab it!
Recognize your value, get motivated, and be prepared to bag your next raise!