VENUE: Sparks & Honey 3rd FLOOR
ADDRESS: 437 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022, USA
“Whenever you take a step forward, you are bound to disturb something.”
― Indira Gandhi
You are invited to participate in this significant event. Your voice will be heard!
Female Wave of Change has lined up a feisty panel of women that range from accomplished, seasoned journalists and women currently running for office, to a political science student. Female Wave of Change is privileged to have Candace Sandy as the panel moderator. Candace will evoke robust dialogue from the panelists as well as the audience and together they will craft a way forward. The POWER Panelists in alphabetical order:
- Carol Evans – Founder, President Emiritus WorkingMotherMedia, Co-founder Executive women for Hilary/ Her and Chief Relationship Officer Respectful Exits
- Charly Voelkel - Student of Comparative Literature & Political Science at Barnard College, Columbia University and campus mobiliser
- Jennie Baird – VP Product Newscorp, District Representative Town Meeting (RTM) Greenwich, CT
- Kate Albright-Hanna – Candidate for MA State Representative, Founder Electify, former Director Video, New Media Obama for America 2007-2008
- Nelly Celi – Vice Chair NJ State Equal Opportunity Fund, Candidate Paterson Board of Education Nov 2018 election
- Nomiki Konst – Award-winning political & accountability activist, media commentator, investigative reporter- also at age 28, Youngest woman elected to US House of Representatives in 2012
This is a Non-partisan event where the emphasis will be on the inclusion, the participation and the representation of women in public office, as well as the responsibility and accountability of all women to vote. Female Wave of Change's goal is to ensure that women will influence and lead through roles in public office so that the unique needs of women can be better understood and served through first-hand experience and empathy, and so that the inequalities that hold women back can be eradicated.
The seating is limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.