VENUE: General Assembly Boston
ADDRESS: 51 Melcher St, Boston, MA 02210, USA
ProtoHack exists to show non-coders that they can create something amazing from nothing. They empower and enable the non-technical community with the tools, knowledge and connections that will help bring their idea to life and visually communicate it through prototyping.
- No coding is required. Instead you will use prototyping tools, drag and drop editors, mockups, wireframes and anything else you can think of to VISUALLY demo your idea on stage. ( They have put together the best tools for non-coders, so don’t fret if you’ve never prototyped.)
- Although they encourage you to try some prototyping tools prior to attending ProtoHack, they will begin ProtoHack with optional educational workshops on how to use some of the top prototyping tools.
- You can choose to prototype alone or form a team with other participants and decide on an idea together. Teams can be up to 5 people.
- You will have 9 hours to produce a prototype. (Remember, you are creating a lean prototype of your idea and it doesn't need to be perfect. The focus should be on visually showing what the idea is.)
- At the end, you or your team will present on stage to a panel of judges consisting of developers and investors to get feedback.
Owen Johnson, Managing Director and C0-Founder of the top nationally ranked startup accelerator Betaspring, which has made 90 seed stage investments.
Hannah Chung, Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer of Sproutel, the creators of the internationally renowned and award winning Jerry the Bear personal healthcare robot for children with Type 1 Diabetes, Chronic Asthma and Food Allergies. She has been named a woman under 30 to watch in High tech by Forbes and won a national pitch competition judged by the legendary investor Warren Buffet.
Nadeem Mazen; Polymath, Design Thinker, Designer, Artist & Engineer. CEO of the Maker Space Danger!Awesome.
Julien L. Pham M.D., Nephrologist & Founder of Boston HealthIT startup RubiconMD and a global nomad ( his words - as he is French /Vietnamese).
Amos Epstein, CEO of clean tech startup TankUtility, which is in the Internet of Things space and a graduate of StartupNext Boston.
Matt Bilotti, Product Manager at Drift, a respected Boston -based customer engagement and product design and innovation consultancy.
Raffi Tchakmakjian, Co-Founder and CEO of fitness tech startup LIFTsession; Y - Combinator approved angel investor.
Growth Hacker Mentor:
Irene Pylypenko, has run 17 hackathons as Director of Hacking Health, including the world's largest healthcare hackathon with 500 participants.
Stephen D. Roger, Product and Design Strategist at Intrepid Pursuits.
Four Hewes - product & experience designer mentoring startups, institutions, events, teams, and enterprises create memorable experiences that people want.