VENUE: Presti & Naegele
ADDRESS: 225 West 35th Street 9th Floor New York, NY 10001
Who should attend?
For start-ups as well as small business owners or executives who want to use basic accounting and finance principles to effectively manage their companies.
How you structure your business, or entity decisions, can have profound implications on operations. In this workshop, you will learn about business structure options and their impact on your bottom line. It will give the tools to help you understand your financial statements and use accounting systems as well as internal controls to strengthen your financial situation.
It will cover related subjects such as accounting software, internal controls, and your expectations of your CPA/Financial Advisor. The class will also delve into personnel related topics. such as succession planning and healthcare plans, that impact your finances.
At the end of this session, you will have the knowledge to:
- Select the appropriate legal structure for your business based on analysis of essential factors, such as tax implications, of each entity/legal structure
- Describe key issues facing small business that could influence your choice of a legal structure
- Summarize the process for performing budgeting and cash flow projections, including accrual accounting, and a capital budget, and a financial statement
- Interpret your balance sheet and income statement, including identification of your vulnerabilities
- List key personnel issues facing your business that impact your bottom line
After the session, put the training to work. Schedule a free follow-up discussion with a SCORE NYC Mentor to get you started.
Andrew Presti founded Presti & Naegele (www.pntax.com) in 1982, where is now Senior Partner. P & N is an accounting and technology consulting firm that provides accounting, auditing, payroll and tax services to small and larger businesses. The firm employs 35 full time accountants and has a varied client base in multiple industries. It is the largest QuickBooks consulting organization in New York City.
Andrew has been preparing tax returns for 35 years and is currently an IRS Enrolled Agent. He is a CEO of Metropolitan Archives, a company that services the real estate industry. He co-founded First Central Savings Bank where he serves on the Board of Directors and is a member of the Executive, Investment, Audit, Corporate Governance and IT Committees. He received a Bachelor of Science Degree from St. John’s University.
Workshop Fees: Online Registration $59; Walk-ins $69
There is a $10 discount on all Student and SEAP registrations
(valid ID must be presented at the door; bring SEAP form to workshop).
There will be no refunds for this workshop unless SCORE NYC cancels it.
(1) Monitor your emails for any updates to the date/location/time.
(2) Bring your cell phone, tablet or laptop to the workshop; you’ll receive an email during the workshop linking you to our handout.
(3) You will also receive an email with a link to your workshop evaluation survey toward the end of the workshop so you can complete it effortlessly online before you leave.