43 W 23rd St
New York, NY 10010
Do you have a business idea or product that needs funding? Do you want to learn how startup funding works, what you need to do before trying to raise funding, and where you can go to get it? Then join us for this beginner fundraising workshop, which will provide practical, step by step advice, and feature talks from entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses, and investors actively funding businesses. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more. Join us for a great event!
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their idea or business
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early stage businesses and products
What are some of the Topics?
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a “fundable” company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
- and more…
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Talks from Entrepreneurs who have raised capital, and Investors who fund startups
- Question and Answer
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Discussion and Drinks at a Local Bar or Restaurant
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening! For more free startup events, visit https://FI.co/events.