ADDRESS: 1133 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
You must register -- this event is open to the public but space is limited. Attendance is not required for participation in the Tax Design Challenge.
- Learn about the IRS’s first crowdsourcing challenge from leaders at the IRS and Treasury
- Engage with policy experts about financial capability challenges that could be addressed with an improved taxpayer experience
- Network in-person with some of the mentors and IRS mentors from the challenge
- Meet and team-up with other civic-minded technologists, designers, and innovative thinkers
- Free beverages and snacks provided by our cosponsor, Mortgage Bankers Association
Taxpayers have the right to be informed, which includes access to their personal taxpayer data. Many taxpayers, however, might not know where to find this information or how to use it, as much of this information reads like a receipt and can be hard to understand for those who are not finance professionals.
The goal of this challenge is to reimagine the taxpayer experience and design the taxpayer experience of the future. With over 200 data fields at play, how might we design, organize, and present tax information in a way that makes it easier for taxpayers to manage their taxpayer responsibilities, and to use their own taxpayer data to make informed and effective decisions about their personal finances?
$21,000 in prizes -- paid by our cosponsor, Mortgage Bankers Association. Learn more at www.taxdesignchallenge.com