TEDWomen 2016: It's About TimeBy Her Agenda Staff
Oct. 25 2016, Published 8:00 p.m. ET
VENUE: Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
ADDRESS: 701 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Join the TEDWomen 2016 conference at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, where they'll explore how time and attention shape our lives. It's about time...
In planning for TEDWomen 2016, TED asked their community: What matters to you now? And in emails and comments and even drawings from TEDxWomen organizers and their network of longtime attendees, one powerful theme emerged: time.
Time is personal. We all have the same amount of time — 24 hours a day and yet most of us feel we never have enough. Even with today’s latest inventions, technology, science, we can’t make time or stop time — or can we?
Come explore time zones, time travel, time outs and times together. TEDWomen 2016 will explore the conventions and challenges of time.
They will ask the hard questions. Because isn't it about time:
- To find long-term solutions to climate change, poverty, immigration, violence, race, gender and economic inequities?
- To lead for different outcomes?
- To challenge our "time-saving" technologies?
- To pay full attention and be fully present for ourselves as well as others?
In three days together in San Francisco, you will hear talks that offer up ideas, stories, solutions.
The TEDWomen 2016 experience includes:
- A three-day program with six sessions of TED's famous 18-minute talks, plus music, comedy, tech demos and other surprises. Watch talks from last year’s TEDWomen conference.
- Our simulcast lounge where you can watch, tweet and blog ... and connect around powerful ideas to move them forward together
- Art exhibits, hands-on tech demos, and exclusive experiences between sessions
- Dinners, parties and tours all around San Francisco and the Bay Area
- Wellness activities every morning — yoga, runs and more
- TED gift bag
- Our award-winning TEDConnect app for meeting other attendees before, during and after the conference