VENUE: SCORE NYC Headquarters
ADDRESS: Worth St, New York, NY 10278, USA
Learn about Intellectual Property (IP), your small business’s most valuable asset
If we have a product or service that we really believe in, we want to protect it. Businesses who invest time and resources to understand their IP opportunities and risks achieve their business goals and excel more rapidly.
This workshop will help entrepreneurs and small businesses better understand the different types of IP, how to protect them, and leverage their value through licensing. We will also focus on common IP and licensing pitfalls and how to avoid them.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between trademarks, copyrights and patents
- Describe when and why each type of intellectual property is needed
- List the requirements for filing, the process, cost, and timing
- Summarize the impact of having a patent on the chances of getting funded
- Define a patent strategy and the difference between patentability and patent infringement
- Summarize key elements, process and pitfalls of IP licensing
Who should attend?
For start-ups as well as those in business who want to learn about protecting the integrity of their product or service.
Online Registration $59, Walk-Ins $49
There is a $10 discount on all Student and SEAP registrations
(valid ID must be presented at the door).