On July 11th, join Walker's Legacy for our PROSPECTUS™ Business Accelerator. This program is explicitly designed for entrepreneurial women of color.
PROSPECTUS™, led by Walker's Legacy Founder & CEO, Natalie Madeira Cofield, is a 9-week accelerated business training program that utilizes structured curriculum, an online cohort model, and expert lectures to aid aspiring and existing businesswomen of color in their pursuit of advancing their business operations and access to funding.
PROSPECTUS will run for ten consecutive weeks on Saturday from 10 am – 12 pm.
The course schedule is as follows:
- Developing an Effective Marketing & Promotional Plan: This session will cover consumer and organizational buying behavior, strategic marketing, product and brand management, valuation and pricing, and integrated marketing communications. – July 11th
- Legal Aspects of Small Business: This session will cover legal business structures, ethics, contracts, joint venturing, and additional vital legal concepts. – July 18th
- Contracting for Small Businesses: This session will cover local, state, and national business certifications for small businesses. – July 25th
- Strategic Growth for Small Businesses: This course will focus on the implications of organization growth, globalization, outsourcing, competition drivers, and increasing service requirements for start-ups and small businesses. – August 1st
- Building A Winning Team - HR Strategies for Small Businesses: This course will cover human resource planning, recruitment, selection, training, development, compensation, and designing an effective management team. – August 8th
- Accounting & Insurance for Small Businesses: This course will cover small business accounting practices, book-keeping, record-management, and insurance for small businesses. – August 15th
- Finance for Small Business: This course will explore various forms of business financing, including venture capital, angel investment, public, and private small business loans. – August 22nd
- IT for Small Business: This lecture will cover effective technology branding strategies, social networking, and technologies to streamline business processes. – August 29th
- Presenting for Investors: This lecture will cover effective oral presentation delivery, communication with stakeholders, and presenting for investors. – September 5th
- Graduation, Certificate Awarding, and Business Presentations: September 12th