WEB SERIES WRITING AND DEVELOPMENT: THE ESSENTIALS
Jan. 25 2019, Published 7:00 p.m. ET
VENUE: Made in NY IFP Center
ADDRESS: 30 John Street DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Want to create a web series but don’t know where to start? This class is for you. At this day-long workshop, learn the essentials of how to write and develop a web series on your own, and also get insight on how to create a series with a network.
This course is taught by Sarah Salovaara, writer and director of the Gotham Award nominated series Let Me Die a Nun.
Come in ready to learn about the writing process, independent production (how do you self-finance and make strategic, cost-effective partnerships?), release strategies (how do you build an audience?), and after-release opportunities (are there opportunities to get your web-based project on TV?). Learn about how to pitch a series to a network, and learn about the scripting process — especially on how to incorporate network feedback without relinquishing too much control.
- How to script a series, both when developing independently and with a network
- How to finance and produce a web series independently and strategically
- Audience finding and building techniques
- How to pitch a series — what goes into the deck, outline, and budget?
- The most successful formats and approaches of strong web series