What is Your Business Worth and Why it Matters?
As a business owner, your company is probably one of your most valuable and prized assets. Therefore, knowing the value of your business is critical!
If a property developer has access to property valuation data, they make better decisions and build more wealth over time. If a CEO has access to their share price valuation data, they make better decisions and build more wealth over time. It’s no different for small and medium size business owners: knowing valuation data equals better decisions and more wealth.
Perhaps you don’t know the worth of your business. Maybe (and most likely) you’re afraid of what it will show. The goal of this course is to help you understand why it’s important to know the value of your business:
During the course, you will learn:
- Proper Protection – Protecting your family starts with understanding how much a business is worth and what could be lost if something were to happen to the primary owner(s). A business valuation shows what level of protection is necessary.
- Planning for Retirement – You must know the value of all your assets to properly and accurately create a retirement plan or discuss retirement income strategies.
- Funding Your Business – A business valuation is necessary when securing funding for a business. Lending professionals may require a valuation to be performed during the lending process.
- Selling Your Business –It is important to have an accurate valuation so that you receive a fair price when your business is sold or consolidated.
- Estate or Trust Planning – The business’s value can have a huge effect on tax planning and how an estate plan should be organized.
- Succession Planning – When planning for your exit, knowing the true value of the business can ensure that a proper succession plan is in place. This is not only important for the owner or successor to know, but it also allows for employees and the future of the company to be properly protected.