COST: $10.00 - $15.00
VENUE: Microsoft Technology Center
ADDRESS: 11 Times Square, New York, NY 10036, USA
Join Women Who Tech at Microsoft in Times Square for the NE Regional Women Startup Challenge Pitch Competition (in partnership with Craig Newmark of craigslist and craigconnects). Ten finalists from the Women Startup Challenge NYC will pitch and showcase their innovative and disruptive ventures that are solving problems for people, businesses, and the planet to a panel of investors including Joanne Wilson, Susan Lyne - President of BBG Ventures, Kathryn Finney - Founder and Managing Director of digitalundivided (DID), and Victoria Song, VC at Flybridge. One startup will walk away with $25K in cash, no strings attached. Other prizes include consulting services from invisu, 3 months of office space overlooking NYC at Silver Suites Offices, and other startup-friendly services.
Before the Live Pitch Competition begins, there will be a networking reception from 6pm-7pm with catered h'orderves and mingling with startups, investors, and the tech community.
- HeyU – A video-based dating app.
- StyleSage – An analytics company aimed at the fashion industry.
- Vizalytics – A proprietary knowledge graph powered by open city data that supports local shopkeepers and innovates government.
- SoftSpot by Moonlab - A plug+play sensor system for clothing.
- UpScored – A proprietary algorithm that matches job-seekers and employers.
- GoKid - A carpool app that saves parents time and money and will reduce traffic and emissions.
- Closet Collective - A platform where women rent every day designer fashion from each other’s closets.
- SIREN – Protective accessories with a hidden 110+ dB alarm to disorient/deter attackers and attract help.
- Rubitection - A medical device that provides low cost, and reliable early diagnosis for pressure ulcers.
- LIA Diagnostics - An at-home pregnancy test that’s flushable and sustainability.
Ticket information here