COST: Free with RSVP
VENUE: University of Maryland Stamp Student Union
ADDRESS: College Park, MD 20742, USA
“Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” - Audre Lorde
Understanding the exhaustion experienced by Black women in the face of multilayered oppression, the purpose of this workshop is
- To create a healing space through shared stories/experiences.
- To provide resources that aid in self care and continued growth.
- To be in community with other black women.
- To have a baseline understanding of white supremacist capitalist patriarchy
- to provide strategies of self-preservation and self care in the face of and misogynoir.
Food and beverages will be provided. We look forward to being in community with you.