Earlier today hundreds of users in the US and UK noticed their Gmail was down and were blocked out all day, potentially impacting thousands of people.
Gmail is currently experiencing a service-wide outage. Please stay tuned for updates or follow here: https://t.co/2SGW3X1cQn.
— Google for Work (@GoogleforWork) September 14, 2016
Google confirmed they’ve identified the issue and are working to fix the problem but in the meantime Gmail users and beyond have had plenty to say. Let’s take a look to see how people have been reacting to the outage whether they’d like to admit it or not.
1. Let the Apocalypse commence
2. You want me to talk to people in the office now, in person?
3. This is what “roughing it” looks like
— TheTropicalEccentric (@TheTropicalEx) September 14, 2016
4. My kind did not experience this Gmail outage you speak of
5. Microsoft staff be like …
6. MY LIFE IS OVER!
— The Kansas City Star (@KCStar) September 14, 2016
7. Maybe Google does rule all …
Gmail is down, and for the first time since 2004, I feel in control of my life. — Curtis Tate (@tatecurtis) September 14, 2016
8. This is what giving up looks like:
9. Is this what a snow day feels like?!
10. Quickly, now, before it’s too late!